At 11.59pm on 27 October 2020, metropolitan Melbourne entered the Third Step as part of the Victorian Government’s roadmap to ease COVID-19 restrictions.
This step includes the re-opening of the following industries:
- Retail – with limited number of patrons depending on size
- Personal care and body art – masks must be worn at all times
- Cafes and restaurants, with limits to patrons size dependant:
- Outdoor weddings – up to 10 people
- Outdoor PT – up to 10 people
- Tours in outdoor spaces – groups of up to 10 people. Tours indoors remain not permitted)
- Tour transport is permitted in open air vehicles, for groups of up to 10 people
- Live music can resume in locations such as pubs, bars and restaurants
- Drive in cinemas can re-open – attendees must remain seated in their vehicles
For all of the details of the Third Step visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.